It is difficult to be sat on all day, every day, by some other creature, without forming an opinion on them.
On the other hand, it is perfectly possible to sit all day, every day, on top of another creature and not have the slightest thought about them whatsoever.
Aud’s post brings up a really crucial point. Some people cannot fight back. Some people have been trampled and had all their psychological boundaries violated to the point where they believe they deserve it.
If you’re strong and brave, please be the hero these people need. Reassuring them after…
Dad on cultural appropriation. (conversation was in Spanish)
- Me: Hey Dad, I have a question
- Dad: Alright, lets see if it's within my reach
- Me: What do you think of cultural appropriation?
- Dad: what?
- Me: Cultural appropriation.
- Dad: I think you mean acculturation.
- Me: yeah, I do. But I was using the term the Social Justice Morons use.
- Dad: It's a necessary part of being human, you can't just keep the one culture all of your life!
- Me: So how offended would you be if a bunch of white people started speaking Spanish?
- Dad: Offended? I would be glad, at least they speak my language!
- Me: What if a white guy made tacos?
- Dad: what kind of taco? why would I be offended? Did I invent it and patent it?
- Me: Nope, just an ordinary taco made by a white guy.
- Dad: Why would I be offended? It would like a German guy getting offended because I grilled a hamburger
- Me: Well, because it's a Mexican food, it was discovered and is integral to Mexican culture. What if a white person doesn't respect the history of the taco.
- Dad: When the woman who first created a taco did that, did the Angels descend from heaven with a deed and a copyright form signed by God informing us that only Mexicans can make it?
- Me: Nope. It's just a taco.
- Dad: Precisely, it's a taco, eat it. I would actually be happy for that white guy, tacos are pretty good.
- Me: What if Tyler wanted to celebrate El Dia de Los Muertos? On his own?
- Dad: Tell him to pace himself the skulls are made of pure sugar.
- Me: What if he wanted to celebrate El Dia de la Independencia?
- Dad: Culture is not something handed to you by God to protect and nurse, it's just something that happens to you, and when you think you have it figured out, it changes. That's what cultures do. They change. You know what these people are trying to do, right?
- Me: Yeah,
- Dad: They want us all to hate each other and not speak to each other. They want us Mexicans in Mexico, Afro-Americans in Africa, Asians in Asia and none of us talking or being nice to each other. With no resources, no trade, no rights, and only the one language that only we're allowed to speak so that we can't communicate with anyone outside. And that's after they'd kill off all the white people. They're like the KKK, if the KKK didn't have balls.
- Me: I arrived at the same conclusion.
- Dad: Make yourself a coffee.
- Dad: Just be sure it's Mexican *laughs*
This is what happens when you synchronize camera’s shutter speed with a helicopter’s blade frequency
that’s not okay
"LOOK DIMITRI! WE ARE PLANE NOW!"
It’s looks like a toy copter being played by a kid
this is just a general notice that if you haven’t read the the msscribe story or the cassandra clare plagiarism debacle on bad_penny, you are really missing out on the depths of the TRULY ridiculous in fandom history.
The msscribe story has to be the most awesomely entertaining wank report in the history of fandom EVER. Like, I stopped reading wank reports after that because nothing will ever live up to that.
I wish Batman was depicted like this more often. Many of his villains are mentally ill and victims of tragic circumstances, it would be nice to see him try to help them as much as he helps the people they put in danger because of their problems.
I tear up every time I watch this show. “I had a bad day too, once.”
Best version of Batman. Best version of Harley.
I prefer Batman when he wasn’t a ultra-paranoid nutjob.
This this one thousand times this! What I freaking hate is that that crazy, joyless version of Batman is considered the “default” or even “better” version because of stuff like shitty writers (oh hi there Frank Miller) and the Nolanverse movies, which in themselves are a deconstruction of that version of Batman. Nolanverse Batman is unsustainable. Nolanverse Batman is completely without a lot of his support network for the majority of the trilogy. Nolanverse Batman pushes people away and ends up having to stop being a superhero in order to reclaim his humanity. That is practically skywriting saying “comics Batman is obviously different to this, this is an interesting AU.” I truly love the Nolanverse movies, I think they’re brilliant, but god do I hate it when they’re misinterpreted into comics canon. Also, Nolanverse Batman isn’t full-on crazy joyless Batman either; he quips, he teases people, he fucking smiles.
Bruce Wayne’s Batman is one of, quite possibly foremost of, my favourite superheroes, but not for any of the reasons that seem to be glorified about him in those psychotic versions. Yes, he gets obsessive. Yes, he is an utter control freak. And those are his flaws, not his strengths.
You wanna talk to me about Batman’s strengths? Talk to me about the fact that he’s the adopted single father of five kids (yes I’m counting Damian because the way he was brought into the family is analogous to adoption).
Talk to me about the fact half of his information networks are made up of ex-cons he’s rehabilitated into education programs where they flourish, and the other half are Arkham inmates who he acknowledges as the leaders in their field. Talk to me about the fact that most of the time, they’re willing to give him the information he needs.
Talk to me about the fact that he became a superhero out of the self-awareness that the trauma of losing his parents so mentally scarred him that he knows he can never be well-adjusted, but he wants to use his warped perspective to do some good so no child will ever have to endure what he did again.
Talk to me about the fact that he became a governor on the board of Arkham Asylum not to persecute but to protect the inmates, because even though they perpetrate utterly abhorrent acts they are still people with rights and even the capability to one day reform.
Talk to me about how many times he’s paid for Harvey’s surgery, and the fact that Harvey still refers to Bruce as his one friend who’s always stood by him.
Talk to me about him sponsoring Harley’s parole and laughed as she backflipped with joy.
Talk to me about the fact that, because he knows he can get stupidly stubborn and out-of-control, he surrounds himself with people who refuse to take his crap (Alfred, Babs, Selina, Dick, Jim, Leslie, etc) because he knows sometimes he needs to be stopped.
The real Batman is not some psychotic sadist who hates people and never smiles.
The real Batman is a grumpy socially awkward dad with badass friends, plenty of issues but also a moral compass, a strong belief in human rights and the ability to reform… with a soft spot for people as maladjusted as him.
Accept no substitutes.
Put yourself and your recovery first.
Unfollow triggering blogs. Follow inspiration and recovery blogs.
Give yourself positive reminders everyday.
Make a list of things which help you and refer to it when needed.
Accept relapses will happen, but it’s part of recovery….
HUVr introduces the new hoverboard to be released in December 2014 [x]
THIS IS NOT A TEST!!! REPEAT THE FUTURE IS NOW!!!
BACK TO THE FUTURE IS COMING TRUE!!
I’OOh My GOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD JJJJHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSS sWERET BABY JESUS
I can’t help but call bullshit, though. I mean, the site says it uses ‘powerful electromagnets,’ but how is it powering them? With a graphene battery? Not to mention it would only work over magnetic surfaces.
Sounds sick if it’s true, though.
if you ever feel bad because you’re slow and out of shape just remember
you’ve already won the most important race of your life
There’s also the fact that all your ancestors were badass enough to survive all the shit the Earth’s gone through while still being able to find mates, and you’re basically made of the same stuff they are, so you can at least take pride in the fact that billions of lifeforms fought and died for your right to live.
Vocally political and liberal Steve Rogers
Fox News has no idea how to handle it because he’s Captain America and he’s literally from the 40’s like how do that handle that
He refuses to go on half of…
Why is Homestuck missing?
Because, while Homestuck may be annoying to people not in the fandom, it talks about DIFFERENT THINGS. It updates frequently. All you ever hear about Doctor Who is him and Rose leaning against a wall. All you ever hear about Supernatural is that Dean and Cas are gay. All you ever hear about Sherlock is that he loved John so much he jumped off a building for him. And all you hear about Avengers is that Loki is precious.
Homestuck may be a lot of annoying things, but at least it is a LOT of annoying things instead of just the same one over and over.
god bless tumblr user orangelemonart